Fandom

Baker Street Wiki

Suggest the next quote to be featured on the Main Page

  • If you'd like to make a suggestion for the next quote to be featured on the Main Page then make it here!

    There are no hard and fast rules but it's best if the quote is:

    • from the original stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle or from ANY of the many adaptations
    • rated no higher than teen/PG-13
    • no longer than 2 or three lines

    At the moment all suggestions will probably be featured at some point so make as many as you like!

    ETA: Also see: Baker Street Wiki:Featured Quote Archive

      Loading editor
    • Does it have to be said by Holmes? If not, then:

      "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes and I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intelect!" - Watson from BBC's Sherlock.

      "Because you're an idiot. No, no, no, don't be like that, practically everyone is." -Holmes from BBC's Sherlock.

        Loading editor
    • Mixedfiction112 wrote:
      Does it have to be said by Holmes? If not, then:

      "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes and I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intelect!" - Watson from BBC's Sherlock.

      "Because you're an idiot. No, no, no, don't be like that, practically everyone is." -Holmes from BBC's Sherlock.


      It can be a quote by anyone really, from anything Sherlock Holmes related.

      Thanks for your suggestions! It's probably about time I changed the quote. :)

        Loading editor
    • Glad to contribute!

        Loading editor
    • Mycroft Holmes: "I'll be mother."

      Sherlock Holmes: "And there is a whole childhood in a nutshell."

        Loading editor
    • no tensions 

        Loading editor
    • "When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes

        Loading editor
    • "shut up Anderson,you lower the IQ of the whole street." I think this one sums up Sherlock pretty well.

        Loading editor
    • If this thread is still open to suggestion then I would like to make one.


      "Here is the old man."

      "Here he is--wig, whiskers, eyebrows and all. I thought my disguise was pretty good, but I hardly expected that it would stand the test"

      -Holmes to Watson and Athelney Jones in The Sign of Four

        Loading editor

    • John Watson: Mrs. Hudson, how many times... Sherlock was not my boyfriend.

      Mrs. Hudson: Live and let live, that's my motto.

      John Watson: Listen to me: I am not gay!

      -BBC Sherlock, The Empty Hearse

      John Watson (to Sherlock Holmes): We can't giggle; it's a crime scene.

      -BBC Sherlock, A Study in Pink

      Mycroft Holmes (to Sherlock Holmes): All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage, Sherlock.

      -BBC Sherlock, A Scandal in Belgravia

      Sherlock Holmes (to Phillip Anderson): I'm not a psychopath, Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research.

      -BBC Sherlock, A Study in Pink

      Sherlock Holmes (to Phillip Anderson): Anderson, don't talk out loud; you lower the IQ of the whole street.

      -BBC Sherlock, A Study in Pink

        Loading editor
    • John Watson: Fantastic!

      Sherlock Holmes: Meretricious

      Greg Lestrade: And a Happy New Year

      -BBC Sherlock, The Great Game

        Loading editor
    • Irene Adler (to Sherlock Holmes): I think you're damaged, delusional, and believe in a higher power. In your case, it's yourself.

      -BBC Sherlock, A Scandal in Belgravia


      Irene Adler (to John Watson/Sherlock Holmes): I'm not dead. Let's have dinner.

      -BBC Sherlock, A Scandal in Belgravia


      John Watson (to Sherlock Holmes' grave): You were the best man, and the most human human being that I've ever known and no-one will ever convince me that you told me a lie.

      -BBC Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall


      John Watson (to Mycroft Holmes): We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.

      -BBC Sherlock, A Scandal in Belgravia


      Greg Lestrade (to Sally Donovan): Not our division!

      -BBC Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall

        Loading editor
    • Jim Moriarty (to Sherlock Holmes): I owe you a fall, Sherlock.

      -BBC Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall


      Jim Moriarty: I will burn the heart out of you!

      Sherlock Holmes: I have been reliably informed that I don't have one.

      Jim Moriarty: But we both know that's not quite true.

      -BBC Sherlock, The Great Game


      Mrs. Hudson (to John Watson): Not your housekeeper!

      -BBC Sherlock, A Study in Pink


      Sherlock Holmes (to Greg Lestrade): I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket!

      -BBC Sherlock, A Study in Pink


      Sherlock Holmes (to Jim Moriarty): I may be on the side of the angels but don't think for one second that I am one of them.

      -BBC Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall


      Phillip Anderson (to Greg Lestrade): I believe in Sherlock Holmes!

      -BBC Sherlock, The Empty Hearse


      John Watson: You knew! You knew how to turn it off! (in regard to the bomb that had been about to blow them up)

      Sherlock Holmes: There's an off switch.

      -BBC Sherlock, The Empty Hearse


      Sherlock Holmes (to the wedding party): Let's play a game... let's play murder.

      -BBC Sherlock, The Sign of Three


      Sherlock Holmes (to the wedding party): Imagine someone's going to get murdered at a wedding. Who exactly would you pick?

      Mrs. Hudson: I think you're a popular choice at the moment.

      -BBC Sherlock, The Sign of Three

        Loading editor
    • There's the scarlet thread of murder running through the cololourless skein of life, and our duty is to unravel it, and isolate it, and expose every inch of it.

      -Holmes to Watson, A Study in Scarlet

        Loading editor
    • Alone is what I have. Alone protects me.

      -Sherlock to John, The Reichenbach Fall


      All lives end, all hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage, Sherlock.

      -Mycroft to Sherlock, A Scandal in Belgravia

        Loading editor
    • Xkellox wrote: "When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes

      I've updated the quote using this suggestion, as we had featured a quote from BBC 's Sherlock last time.

      For next month perhaps we could have some suggestions that come from something other than Sherlock and the original canon stories.

        Loading editor
    • I am smarter than everyone I meet, Watson. I know it's bad form to say that, but in my case, it's a fact. -Sherlock to Joan, The Red Team

        Loading editor
    • Watson: So that means you might still be the smartest person in the world.

      Sherlock: I would never suggest that.

      Watson:  Really? I think that's the first time I've ever heard you say anything remotely modest.

      Sherlock: It's not modesty. There's just no reliable way to test the hypothesis.

      -Sherlock to Watson, The Leviathan      

        Loading editor
    • All lives end, all hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage, Sherlock.

      -Mycroft to Sherlock, A Scandal in Belgravia

        Loading editor
    • 202.65.183.3 wrote:
      All lives end, all hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage, Sherlock.

      -Mycroft to Sherlock, A Scandal in Belgravia

      Please put that up

        Loading editor
    • 121.54.54.48 wrote:
      202.65.183.3 wrote:
      All lives end, all hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage, Sherlock.

      -Mycroft to Sherlock, A Scandal in Belgravia

      Please put that up

      Sure thing. I can put that up for our July quote.

        Loading editor
    • "I'm not a hero. I'm a high functioning sociopath. Merry Christmas!"

      Sherlock to Magnussen

        Loading editor
    • 169.244.87.2 wrote:
      "Oh, do your research. I'm not a hero, I'm a high functioning sociopath! Merry Christmas!"

      Sherlock to Magnussen


        Loading editor
    • Sherlock Holmes: Shut up.

      DI Lestrade: I didn't say anything.

      Sherlock Holmes: You were thinking. It's annoying.

      A Study in Pink, BBC sherlock

        Loading editor
    • Oh, dull, boring, predictable.

      Sherlock in "The Blind Banker"

        Loading editor
    • "I'm not a psychopath Anderson, I am a high-functioning sociopath. Do you research?"

      Sherlock to Anderson in "A Study in Pink"


        Loading editor
    • Harlan Emple: So, just to recap, I've spent the last few months of my life playing a game that was designed to kill me. Got to be a metaphorin there somewhere, right?

      Sherlock Holmes: I think the word you're looking for is “moral.” There is a moral in there: games are for idiots.

      Holmes and Emple in Elementary S3E03 "Just a Regular Irregular"

        Loading editor
    • Xkellox wrote:
      "When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes

      It's actually "Once you've ruled out the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be true." :)

        Loading editor
    • Sherlock : "I've never begged for mercy in my life"

      The Woman : "Twice"

        Loading editor
    • Sherlock: "Quiet. Calm. Peaceful. Isn't it hateful."

      Mrs. Hudson: "Oh, I'm sure something will turn up. A nice murder. That'll cheer you up."

      "Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring!"

      "Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them."

      "I will solve your murder but it takes John Watson to save your life."

      Sherlock: Did he offer you money to spy on me...?

      John: Yes.

      Sherlock: Did you take it?

      John: ...No?



      Sherlock: Pity, we could've split the fee. Think it through next time.

      In' The Study In Pink

        Loading editor
    • Mary Watson: "But he's dead. I mean, you told me he was dead, Moriarty."

      John: "Absolutely. He blew his own brains out."

      Mary: "So how can he be back?"

      John: "Well, if he is, he'd better wrap up warm. There's an East Wind coming."

        Loading editor
    • A Fandom user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.