| "The Five Orange Pipz"
Season 3, Episode 2
|Air Date||4 November, 2014|
|Previous||"Enough Nemesis To Go Around"|
|Next||"Just a Regular Irregular"|
When Sherlock and Joan join forces on a double homicide, Sherlock’s new apprentice endangers the investigation when she allows her jealousy of Sherlock and Joan's work rapport to override her better judgement.
- Jonny Lee Miller – Sherlock Holmes
- Lucy Liu – Joan Watson
- Aidan Quinn – Captain Thomas Gregson
- Jon Michael Hill – Detective Marcus Bell
- Ophelia Lovibond as Kitty Winter
- Sonya Walger as Julianne Sims
- Chris McGarry as Vince Boden
- Zak Orth as Gabe Coleman
- John Rothman as Elias Openshaw
- Shayan Shojaee as Mr Azeem
- Roger Rathburn as Defense Attorney
- The title of this episode comes from the canon Sherlock Holmes short story, "The Five Orange Pips".
- The "Pipz" featuring in this episode's mystery may be inspired by the real-world toy Bindeez, which were similarly recalled due to metabolizing into the drug gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB) upon consumption.
|#01 Enough Nemesis To Go Around||#09 The Eternity Injection||#17 T-Bone And The Iceman|
|#02 The Five Orange Pipz||#10 Seed Money||#18 The View From Olympus|
|#03 Just a Regular Irregular||#11 The Illustrious Client||#19 One Watson, One Holmes|
|#04 Bella||#12 The One that Got Away||#20 A Stitch in Time|
|#05 Rip Off||#13 Hemlock||#21 Under My Skin|
|#06 Terra Pericolosa||#14 The Female of the Species||#22 The Best Way Out Is Always Through|
|#07 The Adventure of the Nutmeg Concoction||#15 When Your Number's Up||#23 Absconded|
|#08 End of Watch||#16 For All You Know||#24 A Controlled Descent|