| The Brownstone |
Location in Elementary
|Location||42 Stanford Avenue, Brooklyn, New York City, 11209, USA|
The Brownstone is Sherlock Holmes' and Joan Watson's home, 42 Stanford Avenue, Brooklyn, New York City, 11209. The brownstone is owned by Sherlock Holmes' father, M. Holmes. The brownstone consists of at least three floors, a basement, and a terrace on the roof. The roof has a view of the Queensboro Bridge and the borough of Manhattan; this is also where Sherlock keeps his bees. Sherlock describes it as "the shoddiest and least renovated of the five - count them, five - properties he [Morland] owns in New York".
Known Rooms Edit
- Basement, including kitchen and Sherlock's room
- Groundfloor open plan living room/study/entrance hall
- Joan's room (2nd Floor)
- Bathroom (2nd Floor)
- Media Room (3rd Floor)
- Roof terrace with bee hives
Behind the scenes Edit
- Whilst the Brownstone is supposed to be situated in Brooklyn, it was actually filmed on a street in Harlem with the interiors shot at Silvercup East studios in Long Island City.
- The roof with the view of the Queensboro Bridge is located at the SE corner of 44th St and 10th Ave in Long Island City.
- ↑ holmes soIIlQGTsN74VG2WonlqWO# ixzz20nfJ67XE Rebuilding Holmes, Robert Rorke, New York Post, 16th July, 2012, 10:41 AM.