| St. Bartholomew's Hospital |
|Appearances|| A Study in Scarlet|
St Bartholomew's Hospital, also known simply as Barts, is a hospital in Smithfield in the City of London. Barts is the oldest hospital in London, having been founded in 1123 CE, and the oldest in the United Kingdom that still occupies its original site. London's only extant statue of Henry VIII is located above a gate at the hospital.
St Bart's is the place where John and Sherlock first meet. It is a regular meeting place, and is used by both John and Sherlock to conduct experiments and to use the lab to solve crimes. John met Sherlock through a mutual acquaintance, Mike Stamford, whom John had studied with and who knew Sherlock from his physical experiments at the hospital. Molly Hooper, a specialist registrar in the morgue, also works at St Barts, and is a frequent aid to Sherlock and his experiments.
- Mike Stamford – alumnus-turned-teacher
- John Watson – alumnus
- Molly Hooper – specialist registrar in the morgue
- Sherlock Holmes – frequent visitor
- Jim Moriarty – as "Jim from IT"
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Moffat, Steven (writer) & McGuigan, Paul (director). (25 July, 2010). "A Study in Pink". Sherlock (2010). Series 1. Episode 1. BBC One.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 All throughout Sherlock (2010)
- ↑ Thompson, Steve (writer) & Haynes, Toby (director). (15 January, 2012). "The Reichenbach Fall". Sherlock (2010). Series 2. Episode 3. BBC One.
- ↑ Jones, Arwel Wyn (2013-12-10). "Yay! Molly.".
- ↑ Gatiss, Mark (writer) & McGuigan, Paul (director). (8 August, 2010). "The Great Game". Sherlock (2010). Series 1. Episode 3. BBC One.