| John Watson |
Guy Ritchie adaptations
|Behind the scenes|
|Appearances|| Sherlock Holmes (2009 film)|
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
|Portrayed by||Jude Law|
Watson is an excellent shot with his firearm and is also a competent swordsman. He is brave and intelligent, ably assisting Holmes in his investigations. However, Watson has a tendency to gamble and often loses all his money on this addiction.
Watson is shown to be loyal, sarcastic, humble, polite, smart, stubborn and selfless. He is also extremely intelligent and able to match deductions with Sherlock on occasion. He can be very hot tempered in the face of pressure or annoyance, and greatly cares about his best friend Sherlock Holmes and loved ones. He is very brave and willing to sacrifice himself for any just cause. He is an immensely talented healer and is able to repair the wounds he personally suffered in the attack at the slaughterhouse when Blackwood attempts to blow him, Sherlock and Irene Adler up.
Watson is a highly skilled combatant and is an exceptionally talented boxer, and is able to hold his own against several opponents simultaneously. He is an extremely capable swordsman and keeps a high-tensile steel blade hidden in his cane wherever he goes. He is a crack shot, heralding from his long years in Afghanistan.
- As a veteran of the Second Afghan War, at his stag party and wedding Watson wears both the Afghanistan Medal and the Kandahar Star.
- He hates when Sherlock experiments on his dog.
- He is much more polite and friendly towards people, in contrast to Holmes's antisocial behaviour.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Downey, Susan, Lin, Dan, Silver, Joel, Wigram, Lionel. (Producers). Ritchie, Guy. (Director). (25 December, 2009 (US)). "Sherlock Holmes". United States of America, Warner Bros. Studios.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Downey, Susan, Lin, Dan, Silver, Joel, Wigram, Lionel. (Producers). Ritchie, Guy. (Director). (16 December, 2011 (US)). "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows". United States of America, Warner Bros. Studios.