Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| "Blood is Thicker"
Season 2, Episode 8
|Air Date||14 November, 2013|
|Viewers||8.54 million (U.S.)|
|Next||"On the Line"|
Sherlock and Joan investigate the murder of a young woman and tie her to a billionaire technology CEO. They are shocked to discover that the victim is the CEO's illegitimate daughter, and that the CEO is in poor health after receiving a heart transplant. Joan questions the CEO's wife, who reveals that the victim was donating blood to her father and was recently written into in his will. Conversation with the victim's on-again-off-again boyfriend leads to the discovery that the victim was ill and Joan realises that the actual target was the CEO, who dies during the investigation. Sherlock and Joan goad the wife into admitting that she was using the daughter as an incubator for the antibodies used to destroy the CEO's new heart and kill him. Meanwhile, Mycroft tries to convince Sherlock to return to London, saying that their father is disappointed he hasn't returned to his work at Scotland Yard. Mycroft's final private phone call shows that he is lying to Sherlock, though the cause and goal are not clear.
- Jonny Lee Miller – Sherlock Holmes
- Lucy Liu – Joan Watson
- Aidan Quinn – Captain Thomas Gregson
- Jon Michael Hill – Detective Marcus Bell
Guest stars Edit
- Rhys Ifans – Mycroft Holmes
- Margaret Colin – Natalie Gale
- William Sadler – Ian Gale
- Kersti Bryan – Haley Tyler
- Elliot Villar – Christian Suarez
- Jordan Gelber – Dr Eugene Hawes
- Casey Biggs – Alan Becker
- Johanna Day – Maureen Tyler
- Kieran Campion – Ray McKibben
- Mark Zeisler – Arthur Watkins
- Keith Eric Chappelle – Parcel Services Driver
- Stephen Friedrich – Pet Groomer Employee
- Mike Masters – Lead Security Guard
- This episode was partly inspired by the Sherlock Holmes short story, "The Adventure of the Bruce-Partington Plans".
|#01 Step Nine||#09 On the Line||#17 Ears to You|
|#02 Solve for 'X'||#10 Tremors||#18 The Hound of the Cancer Cells|
|#03 We Are Everyone||#11 Internal Audit||#19 The Many Mouths of Aaron Colville|
|#04 Poison Pen||#12 The Diabolical Kind||#20 No Lack of Void|
|#05 Ancient History||#13 All in the Family||#21 The Man With the Twisted Lip|
|#06 An Unnatural Arrangement||#14 Dead Clade Walking||#22 Paint It Black|
|#07 The Marchioness||#15 Corpse de Ballet||#23 Art in the Blood|
|#08 Blood is Thicker||#16 The One Percent Solution||#24 The Grand Experiment|