The Black Lotus Tong is an ancient secret criminal organisation. They are run by General Shan.
One of their operations is in smuggling valuable antiquities from China to sell in London.
The Black Lotus Tong is a criminal organization based in China. They are known to leave black origami lotuses on the bodies of their victims.
Every "foot soldier", or smuggler, is marked with the Black Lotus tattoo on his or her right heel.
At one point, James Moriarty aided the Black Lotus by helping them achieve passage from China to London.
- General Shan (deceased)
- Zhi Zhu (assassin, deceased)
- Soo Lin Yao (former smuggler, deceased)
- Eddie Van Coon (smuggler, deceased)
- Brian Lukis (smuggler, deceased)
- Tong means "hall" or "gathering place". In North America a tong is a type of organization found among Chinese living in the United States and Canada. These organizations are described as secret societies or sworn brotherhoods.