Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Baskerville family was a family of English gentry with their seat at Baskerville Hall near Grimpen in Dartmoor. The family is descended from Sir Hugo Baskerville, a notorious squire of the Civil War period. The only known surviving member of the family is Sir Henry Baskerville, Baronet.
Notable members Edit
- Sir Hugo Baskerville I (fl. 1647), family patriarch
- Hugo Baskerville II (fl. 1742)
- Sir Charles Baskerville (d. bef. 14 May 1889)
- Rodger Baskerville II (d. 1876), younger brother of Sir Charles who died in Central America of yellow fever
- Sir Henry Baskerville (fl. 1889), nephew of Sir Charles
- Rodger Baskerville III (d. 1889)
- Rodger, John, and Elizabeth Baskerville, children of Hugo II (fl. 1742)
- Rear Admiral Baskerville, who served under Rodney in the West Indies (fl. 1762-1782)
- Sir William Baskerville, Chairman of the House of Commons Committee under Pitt (fl. either 1766-1768 or 1783-1804)
- A woman in blue silk painted by Sir Godfrey Kneller (fl. late 17th c.)
- A stout man in a wig painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds (fl. mid-late 18th c.)