| Anthea |
|Occupation||Assisstant of Mycroft Holmes|
|Behind the scenes|
|Appearances|| "A Study in Pink"|
"The Empty Hearse"
|Portrayed by||Lisa McAllister|
- John: "What's your name then?"
- Anthea: "Anthea."
- John: "Is it your real name?"
- Anthea: "No."
- — "A Study in Pink"
She is first seen in the limo which Mycroft uses to "kidnap" John for their conversation. She spends most of the journey texting on her phone, ignoring John. When John asks her what her name is, she replies with "Anthea" but admits seconds later that it was a lie.
When John asks her if she ever has any time off, implying that he wishes to go on a date, she replies that she does but makes it clear that she is not interested. She uses her phone to inform Mycroft that the limo dropped John off at 221B Baker Street.
She is seen again at a crime scene, with Mycroft who has come to talk to Sherlock. She does not seem to remember John from earlier in the limo. She is told by Mycroft to increase the level of surveillance status on both Sherlock and John.
- Anthea does not appear in the "Unaired Pilot", and her lines during the ending scene are spoken by Sally Donovan.
- Although never officially named by BBC, the series directors or writers, IMDB and fans alike refer to her as "Anthea."
- In the script included in Sherlock Series 1-3 Special Limited Edition Collector’s Box, her dialogues are written under the name "Andrea".